829 Upper Pine Creek
Chester Springs, Pa 19425
Owner: John A. Keslick, Jr.
Educational Programs based on tree biology
ONE DAY LECTURE Each participant will receive TREE BASICS and PRUNING BASICS
* Proper Planting save $$$$
* Proper Mulching save $$$$
* Proper Pruning save $$$$
* Proper Fertilization save $$$$
TWO DAY WORK SHOPS
· High Risk Of Hazard Trees identification and cost effective solutions
· Tree Autopsy & Dissection Lab with microscopes
· Understanding Modern Arboriculture by the book
· Understanding Pruning by the book
· Microorganisms: Understanding Their Role in Tree Life and Death.
· Basic Soil Chemistry; Fertilizers
· Understanding Role of the Ecological Stages of Trees open space management
THREE DAY WORK SHOP
* Basic Tree Biology by the book
Wounds, pruning, roots, buds, microscopes, anatomy, branches, mycorrhizae, root hairs, mulches, nurse logs, CODIT, SHIGOMETRY (CER & Wire Probe), protection wood, starch and storage, predisposition, secondary organisms, dissections, planting, watering, fertilizing, etc.
Special Topic: "Cutting The Wood Out" of forests and fields. What does this mean? Pros and cons addressed. Points backed by published data. Where's the data suggesting that cutting the wood out will, in anyway, shape or form, increase or maintain an ecosystems health? A forest is an ecosystem. You cannot plant an ecosystem.
The workshops and lectures can be held at your location.
Books suggested for workshops by Dr. Alex L. Shigo - The Father of Modern Arboriculture.
WORLDWIDE PRUNING GUIDE
A NEW TREE BIOLOGY w/dictionary
Source for books: www.shigoandtrees.com
Cost of workshops is negotiable. Travel expenses is a must! My wife and myself are both students of Dr. Alex L. Shigo. We were called the "Bloodhounds for Mycorrhizae" in the Portsmouth, NH workshops.
Text & Graphics Copyright © 2009 Keslick & Son Modern Arboriculture
Please report web site problems, comments and words of interest, not found.